Doesn’t time fly! Here at Glenton we can hardly believe that a decade has flown by since our company was established. Over the years Glenton has steadily grown into Scotland’s largest ABTA bonded coach holiday specialist. We’ve attracted an ever-increasing band of much-valued regular customers, carrying over forty thousand passengers annually. And we’ve made many new friends along the way.
The number of holiday-filled pages in our main summer collection brochure has more than doubled and we’ve added an easy to navigate website so computer savvy customers can make internet bookings at any time of the day or night. Always moving with the times, we joined social media so you can follow Glenton on Facebook and tweet us on Twitter.
Glenton coach holidays now cover the length and breadth of Britain, Ireland and Europe. We play a role in fulfilling customers’ dreams by providing wonderful ocean cruises at affordable prices and sailing from easy to reach ports. Glenton also presents a tempting range of air holidays so the sky’s the limit with enticing resorts in Spain, Italy, Malta and Cyprus as well as firm favourite, Jersey. And did you know Glenton was the first coach operator in Scotland to organise getaways exclusively for the solo traveller with our outstandingly popular Good Companions programme?
But here at Glenton, we’re never content to rest on our laurels. Our ongoing mission is to make sure our valued customers have the best holiday experience possible. Glenton Managing Director, Harriet Boyle who has twenty years experience in travel said, “We want you to keep coming back to Glenton. We’re always on the lookout for great deals, new hotels, fantastic resorts and exciting excursions. Quite simply, we want to be your first choice when you think of taking a well earned break.”
Here are some fascinating facts you may not know about Glenton:-
1. We’re bonded by both ABTA and ATOL so you can book with Glenton knowing your hard earned money is fully protected. Don’t risk your cash by booking with an un-bonded company!
2. As well as our ever-popular coach tours, Glenton also offer fantastic value air and ocean cruise holidays.
3. We include a door to door*service on many getaways so your holiday starts from your own front door!
4. Our state-of-the-art Select coaches present the opportunity to travel in the epitome of style.
5. We have introduced a range of Active breaks to meet the needs of our more energetic customers - holidays with added thrills where you can improve a skill, learn a new one or simply discover your chosen resort away from the beaten track.
6. We can offer a comprehensive holiday insurance policy at a competitive price.
7. We go the extra mile for single travellers by offering a limited number of rooms for sole occupancy without supplement on many holidays.
8. Our incredibly popular Good Companions holidays are specially designed to give solo travellers the confidence to travel. They feature a host to welcome you and introduce you to your fellow guests so you are not alone for long. Plus there are never any annoying single supplements to pay on Good Companions breaks both at home and abroad!
9. Our booking lines are open seven days a week as well as bank holidays so you will always have a member of our happy, helpful reservations staff to advise you on your holiday choice.
10. We organise group travel for parties of fifteen or more with free places and personal pickups. If you’re a member of a club, take the hassle out of getting away together by letting Glenton Groups arrange it for you!
11. Our brochures are jam-packed with holiday ideas and we regularly publish newsletters chock-a-block with our latest great value getaways!
12. You can keep up to date with all our up to the minute offers by providing your email address so you receive our weekly e-newsletter.
13. You can like us and follow all the latest Glenton gossip on facebook.
14. And you can tweet us on twitter!
15. We meet our customers and showcase our wares at special events such as the 50+ show.
16. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth – a big thank you for recommending us!
17. We regularly advertise in popular newspapers like the Sunday Post, Daily Record and Saturday’s Daily Mail.
18. We are always open to feedback/suggestions from customers to help improve your holiday experience. In fact, we take time out every week when we get together at our quality control meeting to address all feedback from our valued customers – that way, we can really address our customers’ wishes.
19. We offer a ‘Recommend a friend’ reward.
20. Our much recognised logo is, of course, the Glenton Scottie dog!